Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Major For Naughtia

A major for Naughtia last Sunday under one of our favorite judges. An excited phone from Ann who had driven (from Ohio) to shows in Tennessee. Bet the trip home was really easy! Naughtia has 7 points now, almost halfway to her championship. 15 points are required, including two "majors" which are wins of 3 or more points at one show. The number of points available at each show is based on the number of dogs and bitches who are shown, with only 1 dog and 1 bitch getting points. The maximum number of points available is 5, and most shows have far fewer. Dal entries are down, and it's often difficult to find majors, which can mean a lot of driving. Ann has some 2-point shows coming up for Naughtia, and is thinking of going to Michigan where there may be majors later in the month. It would be fun if Naughtia finished this year, but next year would be fine too. We're just pleased that Ann is hooked and Naughtia is doing so well!

When Tom Demma and I did a co-breeding of Boji to Argus, we split the litter between us. He took Rita as his first pick, and I took Ben. Then he took Sam & I took Naughtia. We both liked Lucy too, and she went up to Canada to live and be shown in breed and junior handling. I sent Ben to Diane to be shown, and later sent Naughtia to Ann. With Naughtia doing so well in the ring, I imagine that we will have to bring Lucy down next year to show. It would be fun to finish 5 as it was an exceptionally nice litter. I'm not big on showing everything "showable" just to pursue titles, but in this case all 5 dogs really are top quality.

Thanks to everyone who responded about the website. MAYBE by tomorrow it will come up with the correct address! This has been quite the learning experience. And once the site is back, I need to learn new software and start bringing the site up to date - but that's another story.



I need to do a bit of fishy research this weekend as I am really wanting an Elephant Nose. Nope, not on me. An Elephant Nose is a really odd looking fish, and I saw some nice looking healthy ones for sale last week. If I could get a tank redone, I'd give one a try, but they are good-sized fish with special needs, so it's not a decision to be taken lightly.

No comments: