Friday, March 12, 2010

What? A Weekend At Home?


Here I am, making a fashion statement with my walking cast and new walking stick (that needs to be shortened). I looked at the picture and was amazed that I had suddenly (?) become old. How does this happen? Actually, I looked at the picture and saw my mother. Oh my!

Started doing exercises a couple of nights ago, ones that can be done while laying down or sitting. Am determined not to gain any weight while wearing the cast, and have done fine so far, but would rather not redistribute it either. It's harder to stay fit as you get older, and I sure don't want to spend the summer playing catch up - or perhaps it would be catch down. Have some really nice new suits to wear for dog shows, and they need to fit.

Argus and I went for a walk last night, our first since the accident. Not very far, and certainly not very fast, but he was more interested in sniffing so he didn't mind at all. The air smelled like SPRING! We went to the corner and back, then came home and he ran on the treadmill for a few minutes.

We'll be spending the weekend at home as Jess has family obligations and can't get away. Judges were good, judging times were excellent, but Columbia Missouri is 10 hours away. Ten rainy hours on iffy roads, which would not have been fun. Argus and I been gone 3 of the last 4 weekends (Indianapolis, Chicago, St. Louis) and I never expected that Mother Nature would let us get to all three show weekends. I always enter them all and hope I can get to one or two. Guess I can't complain. We're off for the next three weekends, then leave for the National in Lawrence, Kansas.

It will be a good weekend to do my taxes. Am determined to buy a Droid or Blackberry, so need the money to pay for it and for DCA week. I always get back quite a bit of money which is nice. I could change my withholding, but like many others I prefer to get back a chunk of money in the spring. If I got more on my paycheck I wouldn't have anything left, so this works nicely for those of us who are inept budgeters!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh at your comment that you saw your mother in the picture of you.I think that of myself and I'm only in my early thirties!If it means anything, I think you look great!I read your blog daily and enjoy it so much.I always read it after work...after I check my Facebook account!Ha!Anyway, happy healing ! Kara Ann :)