Friday, November 5, 2010

Off To See The Puppies

This is one of the girls.

OK now, what have I forgotten?  Just printed my eticket and boarding pass and need to look over all the printed material I downloaded from Travelocity and USAirways.  Measured my small suitcase and it fits the size limits so I can just do carry on.  My Netbook  is in the laptop bag, and instead of a purse I will use my fanny pack.  Camera battery charged, cell phone ready to go - must remember to pack the charging cord though.  It will be nice to have the Netbook while I am doing a layover in Charlotte.  I used to fly quite a lot, especially when I first started judging, but flying is such a hassle now I no longer approach it with excitement.  Flying only makes me nervous because so much can go wrong - not with the the flight itself (I figure if the plane crashes, well, when you're dead you're dead - right?) just all the paperwork, security check in, flight cancellations and delays.  I'd absolutely hate having to spend the night in an airport!  Ever since I found myself in Auckland, NZ without a boarding pass and only 50 minutes to catch the flight to Brisbane (we were rerouted but they forgot to give me a boarding pass for the second leg of my trip) I get a little panicky about such things.

Fish club meeting last night.  I should have stayed home and done chores but really wanted to listen to Gary Lange talk about his adventures looking for Rainbowfishes in Indonesia.  Sorry to be missing the get together at Mike's tonite!  It's tough balancing two expensive and time consuming hobbies.  Got some nice plants last night for just a few dollars, and bid on and won some rainbow eggs that Gary brought along.  The fish should be fabulous if the hatching and grow out go well.  Also swapped some of my L. vittata for some of Dale's Ameca splendens.  The sole surviving Jenynsia lineata seemed delighted to have tankmates.  Normally I would have quarantined any new fish, but I had a tank with just the one elderly resident.

OK, time to finish my laundry and packing.

No comments: