Friday, March 18, 2011

Musing . . .


Off to Kansas City later today.  Majors on Saturday and Sunday and we are hoping that Lucy will pick up one of them (although two would be even better!).  Argus is entered because we are going - I wouldn't be doing this weekend just for Argus as the panel isn't particularly good, but he loves to go, we both enjoy showing, and we need to stay in practice.  Mariah is coming along for the trip and is old enough to show but is not entered.  Still waiting for her to grow legs - she's such a little peanut.  It can still happen, but it needs to happen soon, and I'm beginning to worry.   Mariah is a great fit for our household, but the slot she is inhabiting is reserved for an extra special dog.  Her breeder wants her back if I don't keep her, but we'll wait a few more months before making any decision.  So much I really like about Mariah, she's just as pretty as can be, and she's definitely show quality, but . . .    I try not to get attached to young dogs until I am sure they are keepers, but I haven't kept anything since Argus.  It would be a lot easier if I had the room to keep more dogs, but then I'd probably have 20 dogs!

If not Mariah, perhaps there will be a pup for me in Flurry's litter, or perhaps Argus & Reebok will produce something special.  Plans still underway for a litter from Reebok, a top quality Dal girl who was Best In Futurity at DCA, followed by WB the following year - quite a record.  Two Argus daughters will be bred this summer too, so there may be some nice grandpups to pick from.  OTOH, do I really want to housetrain another puppy?  Oh sure.  BUT perhaps Mariah will sprout legs - she just needs an inch!






1 comment:

Jennifer Mathews said...

Good luck at Kansas City show.....my question is.......I have been thinking of trying the Nature's Variety raw food to go with my pureed veggies.....the second ingredient is usually an organ and the third is the bone...of whatever protein source it is.
I have stayed away from beef because of high purine content...do you have advice? I always add extra water to each bowl of food......I enjoy your blog.