Thursday, March 10, 2011

OK, Who Stole It?


This picture says it all.

A playdate for Mariah!  Thanks Alana!  Miss Mariah gets to meet her cousin Brody, perhaps this weekend.  She's showing the effects of a tough winter and really needs to get out and do things.  Although Mariah is very friendly with people, she's a bit cautious about strange situations, and especially needs to meet more dogs of other breeds.  Being attacked from behind on one of her walks has left her understandably a bit leery about new dogs coming up on her.  We've got some work to do. She's looking much better now but will not hit the show ring until I feel she is both emotionally & physically ready to show.  I HATE seeing timid dogs in the ring and get very angry with people who try to show dogs that are obviously not ready for prime time.  The training & socialization should NOT be done in the showring.  It should be done beforehand.

No word on when/if Jingles & Bella will be arriving.  Their breeder has a much better set up for pups than I have, so hopefully not, but as their "other grandmother" I will take responsibility if necessary.  This is not a good time of the year to have pups to sell as most people are waiting for better weather, not realising that it is actually easier to housetrain pups in bad weather!  Because they know how to use a doggy door, these two are pretty much housetrained.   Unfortunately I don't have a doggy door and Ron is not keen on playing doorman to two pups again.  It IS amazing what he puts up with though.  Fortunately he loves Mariah and really enjoyed Eddie when he was here.

OK, who stole the iPOD cable?  The little Nano has "issues" (more issues) and I want to restore it to its original settings.  For some reason it won't stay on, and as soon as the display goes dark, the whole thing turns off.  Hopefully restoring it will help.  I'm tired of having to constantly tap it to keep it on.   I was ready to give restore a try last night, but after half an hour of searching I've concluded that "someone" stole the little cable.  I just used it a couple of days ago and SHOULD have put it back in the basket where I keep all the miscellaneous cords and cables, but it's not there.  OK guys, where did you hide it???

No clue why the background is missing in part of this posting.   Whatever.

2 comments:

Kathleen M. said...

Sneaky little gremlins stole your cable. The same gremlins hit my house first and stole my cell phone charger- no good to have a cell phone if the battery is dead. This pearl of wisdom was made clear to me this morning from the side of the road! Hope you find your cable. Awesome sign- where was this picture taken?

Helen said...

So many Dals come and go at your place it's enough to make my/your head spin. However, it seems to me that Eddie was the latest to pass through. Eddie's missing and the iPod cable is too. It's clear to me who the culprit is.