Monday, November 15, 2010

Gloom & Doom

@#$%&^* et al.

Honest to gosh, I must be jinxed!  We were so eagerly awaiting Tess P.'s litter by Argus.  It finally arrived, all two pups, both males, one patched.  Now to figure out where to send all the wonderful people who were waiting for a puppy.  The only definite pet will be a patched black-spotted boy.  Perhaps the liver boy will be show quality, but a liver boy is not what I wanted from this litter, even though liver boys are my favorite.  What I really want/need is a good puppy bitch, and from the time I purchased Argus, I've wanted a puppy girl from a Watson daughter or granddaughter bred to Argus.  I seem to be running out of options here, as Watson sired very few litters.  His daughter Carina produced 5 champions in her only litter, including the #1 Dal Daisy, but Carina was spayed after that litter.  Daughter Lilly who was RWB at the National one year was bred to Argus, but both Meg & I let the best bitch get away - Carol was the lucky one there!  Echo finished her championship and has a number of performance titles, so it all worked out fine, and perhaps someday I will end up with one of Echo's pups, but that doesn't help right now.

Small litters are fun to raise, and Paula will enjoy these two boys - she promises pictures soon.  Sometime around Christmas I will drive down and pick them up from her.  Fingers crossed that both are healthy, will have normal hearing, and that the liver boy is a good one.  Sigh.  Sorry everyone.

No comments: