Thursday, November 18, 2010

Going To Westminster?


Do I really want to take this knothead to NYC?
Oh my, do I really want to go?  I've gone as a spectator many times in the past, but not for quite awhile.  The logistics of staying in NYC and getting around are over-whelming, especially if I take Argus to show.   He was one of the Top Five dogs in the breed for 2010, so receives an automatic invitation - still have to pay the entry fee, but is assured of a "spot", so to speak.  Westminster entries are limited at 2500 dogs, and in many past years top dogs missed the entry.  With the top ranked 5 dogs in each breed assured a spot, things go a lot more smoothly.  But do I really want to take the vacation time and spend the money?  And do I really want to fly Argus out there?  Too chancy to drive in February, and takes too many vacation days I don't have.  Because Westminster is on a Monday and Tuesday, it's bad enough if you fly.  Gotta get the decision made pretty soon . . .

4 comments:

Kathleen M. said...

I understand the logistics and the concerns but from a purely spectator point of view- HOW AWESOME!! That would be the biggest trhill to see someone I know and a sweet dog I have met in the beautiful ring!

Jody Z said...

Audrey and I vote YES Argus should go to NYC! We would love to watch Argus win the big one - we would get to brag that her Dad won Westminster! He's an amazing dog producing wonderful kids he could win!

Pat said...

Jester votes YES!!!

Anonymous said...

YES! You are a tremendous team and Argus is an amazing dog - Naughtia says go get'em Dad!