Thursday, January 20, 2011

Time For Another Camping Trip

This is the kitchen water bowl.

I'm feeling much better, thank you.  Made it through the day yesterday, and today should be easier.  I'd feel guiltier about going to work with a cold if I wasn't so sure that's where I got it.  Am rarely sick, but this is the second year in a row I've gotten a winter cold.  It always seems to happen when I am short on sleep, something I need to remember next January.

Two different nurses as well as the doctor made a point of telling me that heart attack symptoms are often much different in women than in men, and shortness of breath is always of concern.  They did an EKG on me, just to be sure things were OK.

The dogs really need more outside time, but the weather is not cooperating.  20 below forecast for tonight.  Mariah especially has a lot of pent up energy and would benefit from some running.  Last night she dug all the water out of the dog bowl - what a mess!
She's going for an overnight with Jessica.  Although Mariah is outgoing and extremely friendly, she's a little "squishy" right now and will benefit from getting out and doing things.  Unfortunately the weather makes that more difficult.   If it weren't mid-winter I would take her with me to the dog shows that are coming up, but she's too young/small to sneak in the building, and it's too cold to leave her in the car.  Jess will take her to the office to play with Stella, home to play with the Shepherds, and is hoping to take her to the nursing home to visit Don's father. 

It's vitally important that all young dogs get enough socialization to grow up confident and well adjusted.  Show dogs in particular need to be exposed to as many novel situations as possible.  Need to touch base with some friends who have volunteered to take a pup for camping.  Jaime stayed with them for a weekend while he was here and everyone had a great time.  They have a Josie son as well as two human sons for Mariah to play with.

No comments: