Sunday, January 16, 2011

Ah, One Less Puppy!

Eddie looks quite pleased with his new friends.

Although the roads weren't perfect, Eddie and I made it to Mason City and met up with Lisen & Jerry at the PetCo - the same place  I met Paula when I picked up Patrick & Edward a few weeks ago.  Saved me some cross country driving!  Eddie will stay with Lisen for who-knows-how-long.  We'll see how it goes.

I've known Lisen for many years as she finished a Dal of our breeding, put points on others and kept several liver girls for "camping".  Husband Jerry used to run Brittanies in field trials, and my daughter Jess finished the championship on Jerry's Brittany "Fanny".  Their household currently consists of only one spayed pet Brittany & a cat, so perhaps it was time for a Dal fix.
Coral at with Caitlyn 12 years ago.

Lisen's daughter Caitlyn is pictured in the upper photo, along with her daughter Lila.  Caitlyn is also in the lower picture holding Coral who stayed with them for awhile.  Coral will be celebrating her 13th birthday in April, and is Eddie's great grandma.  The three liver girls who stayed there, Coral, her daughter Salem, and her grand daughter Brie, all finished their titles with good records, so we're hoping the good luck rubs off on Eddie.

Taking my mother to brunch later, then Mariah gets to visit a few pet shops for socialization.  Then I can get back to my wallpaper project which is going slowly.  Had to clean up the basement when I got home yesterday so I could put down the rugs again and have a place to train Mariah.  The puppy pen will stay folded and the rugs will stay down until Bella arrives in a month or so, if she turns out to be show potential.  Bella is a daughter of Argus and Tess, and so far she looks good.

Argus also has a wife scheduled for February or March, assuming she is on schedule.  Hopefully she waits under after Westminster and the St. Louis weekend, because she will have to fly in and stay here.  Even though Argus is not being actively campaigned this year, we're likely to have a few conflicts.  We're delighted that he is the lucky man this time, as this Dal girl is a beauty, and one of our favorites.

No comments: