Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Family Gathering

Gram gives Davis a hug,

A family get together last night at Boca Chica.  We tried last week, but the nasty weather got in the way.  This time it came off nicely, and we "all" made it, except for Jess's partner Don.  My nephew Davis will be stationed in Australia for two years, and it was our last chance to visit with him before he flies back to Maryland for some additional training before the trip to Australia.  With Al & Alison in Costa Rica and Davis heading for the red center, our small family will become smaller, and although no one actually mentioned it, we all knew that last night might be Gram's last visit with Davis.  She's doing well at almost-87, but . . .

Ron enjoys these get togethers, and he and my brother-in-law Bob always have spirited conversations.  Because my Bob & Kris are staunch Republicans and my mother & I are equally staunch Dems, we normally try to stay away from politics.  My mother just shakes her head and wonders how a daughter of hers can be so misguided.  I've never heard my nephews Eric & Davis comment on politics at all, probably just as well if they don't agree with their father!

My non-Techy sister will be able to talk with Davis using Skype.  Fortunately for her, Eric IS a Techy, and works hard to keep Kris up to speed.  We wondered if she would ever use email and were delighted when she actually showed up on Facebook.  Hopefully Davis will post to Facebook too, so we can all share his adventures.  

No comments: