Sunday, June 19, 2011

Feet And Flowers

Josie gets her wrapping off

Josie got her wrapping off yesterday and the stitches will come out in a few more days.  We still have to keep the stitches dry so Josie wears a plastic boot when she goes outside, but we're almost done with this.  She's bothered the stitches in a cheek just a bit so will have more of a scar on her cheek, but nothing serious.  Can't believe how good she's been about her foot, but that's typical of Josie who has always been such a good dog.  Lively, playful and obsessed by squirrels, but always sweet, co-operative, non aggressive, never destructive, and rarely barks or whines.  Good girl, Josaly Posaly!

The Show Lady Slipper is flowering right now.  The plant has been in the family for many years,first with one of my grandmothers, then with my brother, and when he moved to Costa Rica it came to me.
The Minnesota State Flower

Seems as if I should be in Fort Dodge Iowa at dog shows this weekend.  Argus did well there several years in a row and when I woke up this morning I thought I was in a motel in Fort Dodge!  Must have had a dog show dream, but I don't remember it, or how Argus did.  

No dog shows for us!  When I finish up here my little doggy and I will head over to Lake Como, and if it's not too crowded, perhaps he can swim or at least wade for awhile!

No comments: