Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Lucy Puppies!


I heard from Patti on Monday and she seems quite sure that Lucy is pregnant, so it's time for me to put together a new Puppy Page for the litter-to-be, and check back with the people who have contacted me about pups.  

As you know, this will be the Pella's litter.  The pups will be raised with their kids until weaned, then come down to me for health checks, BAER testing, evaluation and pictures.  We'll decide which is the right pup for them to keep for showing, I will select my puppy from the litter, and I'll take the responsibility of placing the other pups.  That spares them the need for interviews & placements, and makes the pups more accessible (Lucy lives in Canada).  So the pups will not be here until some time after six weeks.  In the meantime, if you are slated for an interview and want to meet the resident dogs, we can get that taken care of during May, after I am back from the National.

Lucy was co-bred by me, grew up with Pellas, and their daughter Grace showed her to her Canadian Championship.  Lucy stayed with us while we were showing her in the US to her American Championship, and I took care of all the health testing.  Lucy has BAER-bilateral hearing, OFA certified hips & elbows, CERF-normal eyes, and passed her OFA cardiac & thyroid evaluations, so she has her CHIC number.  The dog she was bred to "Indie" is also an American Champion, but is primarily a star in the Agility ring.  His hips, eyes & hearing are also OFA certified and he too has his CHIC number for completing health testing.   Both dogs have exceptionally nice temperaments and are beloved family companions in addition to being show dogs.

Pictures tomorrow, stay tuned.

No comments: