Monday, February 22, 2010

Back To The Old Grind

Such a fun weekend! We all enjoyed having Laurie spend the weekend and will really miss her when she & Nikon leave for Virginia this morning. She drove here to drop off Penny (Argus/Nikon) who Jess will be showing this spring, and to spend a few days visiting. It was great to have company and she helped out too, by taking Argus for long walks and helping with fish chores. No way can I carry 5 gallon buckets of water right now! Nikon fit right in again, as if she was one of the pack, although she still insists on submitting for her mother Coral and kissing Coral's face, which Coral hates.

Ankle seems to be doing fine but is a major inconvenience. Laurie chauffeured me around this weekend, so I was able to get my errands run, and she'll drop me off at work on her way out of town. Hoping to get in to see my doctor today and get fitted with some kind of lightweight split that will allow me to drive. Also need to get some sort of parking pass that will allow me to use the handicap parking spots in front of my office. Will be glad when all that is out of the way!

Jess & Don came by on Saturday and Don tweaked my doggy treadmill so that Argus can use it until I am able to walk him again. I think walking is better for conditioning than the treadmill, but am really glad to have it to fall back on. guess Penny has fit in well at Jess's. Jess is sure excited about having such a lovely Dal girl for the Specialties.

No comments: