Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Alright! Who Stole My List?

This picture should be called "Dalmatians Live Here"!  A nice combination of dog hair and dust.

What would I do without my list(s)?  Seems I am always starting a new one because I mislaid the old one, but they do make my life go somewhat more smoothly.  Because of short term memory deficits, in my case not necessarily age-related, lists allow me to function is a more-or-less normal fashion.  Generally less than more, I might add.  Of course lists are only useful if you can find them and if you check them over regularly, but I do find that the process of writing something down often helps me remember it, list or no list.

Right now, my list is in the car.  Does a lot of good out there, but when I get to the office I can check it over and will be pleased if I actually did a few of the things on the list!  It always contains a shopping list to remind me of ingredients for recipes I might want to try.  It also contains things that are always on every list, such as "brush dogs", "cut nails", "sweep & vacuum", and "dust".  Not sure why I bother to put those on the list as I can gotten very good at not seeing those items.  We talk about dogs (and husbands) as having "selective hearing loss".  Guess I have "selected reading loss"!

There is a lot of satisfaction in lining out most of the items on a list, which I am sometimes able to do on weekends.  I know I can cross off, "buy grass seed", "fertilize lawn", "pick tomatoes", order "Arthrisoothe Gold", and "work with Argus on therapy ball".  BUT, the nagging reminders to "brush dogs", "sweep & vacuum", and "dust" will STILL be there.  On every list.

No comments: