Monday, April 18, 2011

Just A Drop In The Bucket

Old wooden bucket at the antique show.

Love antique shows!  Ron & I have gone to many of them over the years, and Jess & I often go to antique stores when we have time to kill on dog show weekends.  I rarely buy, but love to look & to reminisce.  Last week my sister wondered if I was interested in attending the large show at the State Fair grounds.  These shows are held several times a year and they include a flea market, so the prices range from extraordinarily high to almost nothing.  Just depends on what you are looking for.  I am rarely looking for anything in particular, but occasionally find something that I must have.

Kris & I had great time and it was fun to discuss all the items we remembered from childhood, especially the everyday glassware &  bowls that now sell for such high prices.  Kris can still find deals at rural garage sales in her area and has made some excellent finds over the years.   I was quite taken by this old wooden bucket, but was not quite  ready to spend the money as I am feeling poor right now.  I took this picture, planning to think on it for a bit and to show Ron.  He liked the bucket and even donated money towards it purchase, so on Sunday I went back to the show, hoping it would still be there. The bucket was, but the dealer must have slept in, so I left a note and my cell phone number and wondered around for awhile.  My sister had asked me to pick up something she had liked too, but apparently the cold windy weather was more than they could manage, and several of the outdoor vendors were not there for the second day.  Hard to blame them!  I got my bucket though, and it looks terrific beside the leather chair, filled with magazines.

Am almost done with water changes on all the tanks, but last night I had a flood to deal with - again.  That's just one of the reasons the tanks are all in the basement!  As I was refilling the tanks that I had siphoned to remove debris & about 50% of the water, I noticed water on the floor and discovered that the plastic bin where I dump waste water into had sprung a leak.  At the same time, the sump pump in the bin decided to stop working (probably clogged with duckweed), so I had to remove the water by the bucket full and carry it to the floor drain.  Unfortunately, I forgot that I had left the refill water hose running in a tank, and that tank started to overflow too.  What a mess.  Multi-tasking is NOT my thing!

Spell check must not be working right now.  It's not possible that I did this entry without a spelling error. Guess I'll check in later and see if things are working better.   My computer seem to be developing issues again lately.  I think it wants a vacation!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being named an AKC Breeder of Merit!