Friday, January 27, 2012

Auction On Saturday


Funny how determined everyone is to participate.  I'm trying to collect food survey responses via regular email, and everyone is determined to post them to my Facebook page and elsewhere.  Certainly no lack of responses!  May move the survey to Facebook & this blog next week, but really the Dal Lists cover most of  the people I am actually hoping to survey.  The results will be quite different than the last two surveys, although Pro Plan continues to lead the parade.  And I still have one person feeding Purina Dog Chow. . .

Tomorrow I'll spend much of my day at the  Fish Club Auction.  It will run from 10:00 'til 5:00 or 6:00 and there will be hundreds of bags of fish and plants to be auctioned off, plus hundreds of hard goods too - tanks, lights, stands, filters, gravel, rocks, plastic plants, driftwood, books.    I'll be taking three bags of fish, but that's about all I have to sell right now.   Am selling off the adult Haps that I've already spawned, plus young X. alverezi (wild swords) and extra L. tridens.   That will free up the 20L so I can move in some other fish who are currently in smaller tanks.  Seems as if I am always playing Musical Tanks.

The fish are a very relaxing hobby in the winter.  After a tough day at the office, I love to walk the dogs first, then spend the rest of the evening in the fishroom which is warm and bright.  The sound of pumps and filters is relaxing, and while I do water changes and clean filters I often stop just to watch the fish.   Several tanks have new babies now, and that's always entertaining.  I can add a couple more species right, then I'm maxed out.  I even have a couple of large tanks that I've never filled - but have more than enough tanks to keep me busy. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Freakin Dog Chow??Are you KIDDING?Totaly wow......(Kara S.)