Monday, July 18, 2011

No End In Sight

Argus knows how to keep cool

No Special Session today, as the Republicans are not sure they can get the votes to pass the budget bill.  They got their stated goal of no new taxes, but so-called Christian Conservatives have to give up the divisive social agenda that was inserted in with the "real legislation".  Their true colors are starting to show now - looks to me as if Dayton called this one correctly. Guess I will have a couple more days of "vacation".
Our beach was underwater

The heatwave continues, but Argus knew how to stay cool. Our swimming area, a small spit of sand and brush, was underwater yesterday, due to the recent heavy rains.  Argus didn't mind at all, had a great time exploring the area, and even retrieved a couple of sticks.  We'll be heading out in a few minutes, taking advantage of the morning "cool". Wonder how many joggers we will see today?  Just amazes me that they can run in this weather.
This is what Argus thinks of the weather!

Weather forecast to be 97 degrees for the next three days, with a heat index of 118!  The dew point of 81 yesterday evening may have set a record, and the only place more humid than us was the Amazon.  I don't believe in Global Warming, but I do believe strongly in Climate Change, and that has sure been confirmed by all the weird weather we've all experienced this year.

Yesterday was spent doing "fish chores" and working on my website.  If I am off a few more days I may actually get the long-neglected website updated!  Didn't think that would ever happen.  Water changes done in all but the largest tanks, the 55, 40, 30, 29 and one of the 20s.  I had to refill the three water barrels and add the assorted chemicals, but at least this time of the year the water can be used at room temperature.  In the winter, when the basement is chilly, I have to keep heaters going in the barrels.

Because I want to keep the puppies warm, they have a heat lamp over their box, but because I don't want to boil the fish, I keep the backdoor open so the air conditioner in the dining room can contribute cool air to the basement! 

No comments: