Just a little bit longer, say about three weeks. Is that too much to ask? It would have been nice if you had already been in season, preferably at about 7 months, but since that didn't happen can you please wait until after the National? I don't want to travel with you and your grandfather if you're in season - it's just too hard. You may not show well during that time, and your grandfather most certainly will not! He's OK about girls going through "difficult times" but keeping him quiet while sharing a motel room with you might be asking a bit much of him.
If you come in season within the next two weeks, someone will be staying home, probably you.
Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.