Saturday, March 13, 2010

I Had A Dream Last Night

Had the weirdest dream last night where I was judging the DCA National again, but instead of the lovely venue in Hutto, Texas, I was judging Dals in a lunchroom or cafeteria where we had to keep moving the tables around to make room for the dogs! When they reminded me that I would be judging for two days I panicked, because I had only brought one good outfit for judging, and couldn't possibly wear it two days in a row. I even checked to see if it as reversible (!), then I woke up.

It was a strange dream, but probably brought on by the sad news that Ch. Tramac Mochamotion had passed away yesterday. "Mocha" had been my choice for Best Of Breed the year I judged the National in 2002 I think, and she put on a stellar performance that day. Mocha will always stay in my mind's eye as precisely what a Dalmatian should look like, absolutely lovely breed type. Not a large girl, but perfectly balanced, with just the right amount of bone and muscle for a trotting breed, sound from every angle, lovely liver spotting, beautiful dark eyes, and a stunning outline. Mocha had a wonderful show career handled by her breeder-owner Meg and co-owned by Jim, the beginning of an excellent team. In addition to being a fine showdog, Mocha also produced Bindi & Tanner, top showdogs themselves. Although I have yet to see the perfect Dalmatian, Mocha came as close to it as I ever expect to see. Carrie suggested that Mocha is now at the rainbow bridge, playing with her dad Jack just as she did during her life on earth. I sincerely hope so!

Funny how things happen. When I judged in Hutto, I gave Awards of Merit to two littermates, Rusty and DeSoto from the Jack/Olive litter that produced 9 champions. I had previously given majors to several of their littermates, and particularly admired sister Dixie. I don't recall ever seeing Olivia in the classes, but when she won an Award Of Merit from the Veteran's class at DCA in 2004, I absolutely loved her and inquired as to whether she would be bred again. And that's the litter Argus came from . . .

No comments: