Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

It was 32 degrees when I woke up, but my freezable plants are sitting on the bar in the kitchen rather than in the ground. Hopefully all the perennials will be OK as many of them are quite large and lush already. And the rhubarb - hope that's OK as it's time to pick a second batch of it for mom. The outdoor thermometer currently says 77 degrees, a minute ago it said 81, but it's in the sun of course. Dogs are laying sprawled in the family room staring at me, telling me that it's time for breakfast, but they'll have to wait just a bit.

Brunch reservation at noon, so I'll pick up my mother and meet Jess & Ron at Chatterbox. Then, if mom is interested, we will head out to Gertens which will no doubt be a Garden Store Theme Park on steroids today.

Squirrel on the deck, but only Watson sees it as the other dogs are still staring at me. Oops, Argus and Josie are now standing at attention at the patio door. The wretched squirrels come to drink out of the bird bath, and I pray the dogs don't decide to take matters into their own paws and go right through the patio door!


Went to see Charlie yesterday as his owners were painting in their new house which is only a mile from me. Now what are the odds of that? If we decide to show Charlie, he's certainly handy! (Occurs to me that I need to check and see how THEY spell it, Charlie or Charley? He's really looks nice, and the 4 mile jogs have tightened him up nicely so that he's a lot sounder than the last time I saw him as a rubbery teenager. Was a bit concerned about size as he grew so quickly, but he's just the right size. I sometimes forget that kibble-fed pups seem to grow faster than raw-fed pups even though they end up the same size.

Time for breakfast.

2 comments:

Jennifer Mathews said...

how do I see your facebook page? thanks, Jen

Unknown said...

We spell it Charlie :)

He looks so official in this picture - not quite the pup we're used to!