Thursday, May 27, 2010

On Your Mark, Get Set . . .


There may be no blogging for a few days as Argus & I are leaving for Bloomington Illinois this afternoon. One of my projects when I get back is a better phone or some sort of Netbook so I can stay in touch when I travel. Am so used to being connected all the time, I feel really isolated when I am on the road. Can't believe it's been over 3 months since we have done a show weekend! Judges are not very good for Argus, and unfortunately I was never able to get Lucy down here from Canada (she's entered, but still wwaayy up north), so I don't anticipate any excitement BUT it will sure be nice to be back in the ring. This will be our practice weekend, as Argus and I relearn how to work together in the ring. A lot of successful showing is about timing and presentation, and after three months of enforced absence from the ring, I have a lot of work ahead of me.

Last Physical Therapy appointment today. I'm very grateful for it as the exercises made all the difference in both strength and flexibility. I'm not 100% and certainly not pain free, but hopefully everything goes alright.

My new fish Badis sp. "Buxar" arrived safely yesterday and were eating well last night - frozen bloodworms. One is starting to color up already and is going to be a beauty. I love getting new fish species - never heard of these until I saw them offered on Aquabid. I've bred a few Badis species already, though none this lovely. Only problem with keeping these guys is that they don't eat flake, only live or frozen. Hopefully they survive until I get a new batch of blackworms next week. Hate keeping blackworms alive (in the fridge, with daily water changes) but they sure make a difference in the growth and spawning of many species. Need to start getting the Goo Obo Gudgeons & the Betta picta in spawning mode.

Half day of work, last PT appointment, then I come home to bathe and trim Argus, load the car, and explain the lists to Ron. Lots of plants that need to be watered this weekend and several tanks of fish that will need feeding. Adult fish can easily go 4 days (although Edd Puffer will be annoyed) but the fry will need to be fed, hence the fish list.

2 comments:

Horizoncrest Dalmatians said...

It's hard to beat the convenience of a nice netbook for email and basic web surfing. The asus notebooks are nice http://www.amazon.com/Seashell-1005PE-PU17-BK-10-1-Inch-Netbook-Battery/dp/B00322PYZO/ref=pd_cp_pc_2
12 to 14 hour battery life.

katherine said...

hi sue, have a question for you. i bought a puppy who at about ten weeks old began displaying signs of entropion (spelling?). we took her in and the vet "tacked" her eye lids and now she is just fine and you can not even tell that she had the procedure done. it caused no damage whatsoever. i was talking to a friend today whose mastiff puppy had the same condition, only much worse. she told me that my puppies' parents should never be bred again because entropion is hereditary. is this true? my puppy's sire is a champion and has produced several litters (and a couple champions). is this problem always hereditary? thanks.