Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Done For The Season



A most successful summer, with Penny & Charlie finishing their Championships with terrific records! Jess did a great job of training and showing both of them. Penny will be flying home until spring, when she may come back for the Specialties and to finish her Grand Championship. Charlie may give his Grand a try too, but we will have to see how he looks next spring. An injury he received as a puppy may be a problem for him showing at that level. He moves quite well despite having hurt his left rear leg, but it may become a bit more obvious over time. I'm going to suggest to his owners that he goes on glucosamine as I worry a bit that he may become arthritic in that leg.

Someone asked how many liver champions that makes for us and I honestly don't know. Something over 60, I think. Having always had a passion for brownies, we've shown a lot of them over the years, and both my Best In Show dogs were livers, and both of them (Morris & Argus) are in Penny & Charlie's pedigree. Also in their pedigree is my gorgeous liver Torch who won many Best In Shows in Brazil where he was the #1 dog of all breeds for several years.

Argus seems to be moving more soundly with rest and aspirin, and he has his first acupuncture appointment on Thursday. I'd like to get him back in the ring as I have a few more goals for him before he retires! Next year I'd like to get a few performance titles on him too, at least a CD.

No comments: