Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Last Day Of Summer, All Over Again


Forecast for today, 77 and sunny.  It's been an amazing month with temperatures 20 degrees above normal and several record-setting days.  Tomorrow it cools down to the mid-60s, still well above normal.  We've had no rain since the 3+ inches several weeks ago, which is perfect for the farmers who are harvesting crops, but the trees, lawns, and perennials need fall moisture to get them through the winter.  We watered everything last week and will pay particular attention to the flower beds, trees & shrubs this week.  The Tiger Eye Sumac is in prime color right now, redder than it was when I took that picture, but the leaves drop quickly and it will be bare in a week.


Tess placing in the Group as a youngster.
Waiting to hear from Paula about Tess.  Because Tess is older, fertility will be a bit more of an issue, but she should be showing by now.  Hopefully I will hear from Paula today with the affirmative. She said Tess sure acted pregnant, right from the beginning.

One of my Facebook friends is a Dal owning photographer in Florida, and she will be going over to Janey's to take pictures of Tess's pups.  Can't wait to see what she gets.  The pups are a month old and it's a perfect time for them to have visitors too.  Wish I lived close enough to drop it!

Argus has a Vet appointment this afternoon for a follow up and some chiropractic work.  I'll stop at Jess's office on my way over so she can gait him and I can see how he is moving.  Unfortunately, I don't think he is improving.  I still see the same issues, a stiffness in one stifle and a tendency to let his topline drop when he gaits.  Something is still not right with him.  He hasn't been as wild and crazy the past two days either, which tells me that he is hurting.  Somewhere.

No comments: