Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Day To Watch

OK, what do I do with 3 (that's, THREE) new watches.   Yesterday I received my 30 year watch from MNDOT (a nice Bulova) and this time they sent the right one, engraved properly.  Now, to get into the habit of wearing it.  Because my hands are in and out of fish tanks so often I normally do not wear watches (or use hand cream during the day).  Right now the watch is sitting on a table in the basement where I left it while doing fish chores.  At least I remember exactly where I put it, something I can't always do. 

When I checked the mail last night I had an envelope from the AARP shipping department - what did I order from AARP?  Nothing, but the envelope contained a box with 2 watches - yes, 2 of them.  Made in China, with shiny black plastic straps.  Why did I get them?  What should I do with them?  For now they are sitting on the table, but I think they will eventually be added to the collection box for Holiday items that goes to one of the small Food Shelfs near where I work.  (Hmmm, I suppose the plural of Food Shelf is Food Shelves, but that looks wrong too.)   Anyway, for a person who never wears a watch (that's why we carry cell phones) it's a bit much to get three new watches all in one day.

Argus selected a new squeaky toy when we went to the pet store last weekend, a small round vinyl ball that looks sort of like a chicken's head.  I figured that it would last an hour or so, but the dogs have played with it pretty much non-stop for two days.  I have to take it away when I can't stand the squeaking any longer, and then Josie stands and whines and stares at the spot where I placed it.  Josie, Argus & Watson are all crazy about it, although I have to grab it from Argus as he goes outside to bury it (to protect it from the others).


Tess and her day old pups.
 Paula reports that Tess P. and her pups are doing well.  Everyone will enjoy them, although I know Paula will have a tough time when I go down to retrieve them near Christmas.  I am thinking positive that the liver boy will be show quality, so we have something to show from this litter.  I don't need a liver boy and will most likely place him eventually, but if he shows potential he may go up to Canada to stay with Lucy's family when she comes down here to be shown.

So I may STILL need a really good bitch, unless Mariah is star quality.  Although I have two beauties in Penny and Pauli, they will be career girls for awhile.  Lots of interesting litters planned, so perhaps I will consider buying one.  Or perhaps I will start looking for "the right" girl to lease.  Am still disappointed about Tess P's litter of 2.  I had such high hopes for a girl from that litter.

Speaking of Mariah, she arrives next Sunday.  So much for peace & quiet, or rather relative peace & quiet, since it's always a bit lively around here with Argus & Josie in the mix. 

No comments: