Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Winter Colds

Ugh, knew I had a cold coming on and it hit me full force yesterday.  Head was clear, chest very congested, but I felt OK.  The cold wind I faced from the parking lot to the building took but breath away, but I felt OK in my office until I started coughing and then couldn't breathe.  Pretty frightening to get no air!  I knew panicking would make things worse so I sat down, tried to take slow breaths and started getting some air.  When I could speak I called Health Partners for an appointment and the nurse they connected me with would not give me one - wanted me to go to the Emergency Room.  I argued for awhile, and she checked with a doctor and he said the same thing.  They did not want to have to call paramedics to the clinic - at least she was honest.

To make a long story short, it was an interesting day and the right decision.  I'm off to work today, taking along my new inhaler.  We'll see how long I stay but my desk was a mess yesterday and I hate getting further behind.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you start feeling better soon!
Tis the season for colds and flu..

Dr. Aaron MacArthur said...

Sue,

That must have been scary! Enchinacea C can be really effective at helping to build your immune system during the winter. Since your so active, it could really help.

- Dr. Mac

Jennifer Mathews said...

so sorry you have been sick, hope you get to feeling better.....have you ever thought of videoing yourself doing a training class, like you would do with the pups....it would be entertaining and helpful, unless you don't want to give away secrets..maybe you could charge for them??? just a thought.