Friday, February 4, 2011

Miss My Dog!



Argus & Stella are waiting for a cookie.

Jess borrowed Argus yesterday, as Argie had an interview with a reporter from one of the local newspapers in Jess's area.  The reporter wanted to do a story on a dog who was going to Westminster, and write about dog shows and show dogs.  Jess borrowed a couple of show pictures, one of Argus's Best In Show rosettes, and his Westminster "invitation".  Sounds as if both Jess & Argus enjoyed the experience, although the poor reporter probably took home a lot of souvenir Dalmatian hairs!  Amazing how much I miss his cheerful face this morning!  He'll be home later.  I know he really enjoys visiting Stella the Cavalier at the office, and the two Shepherd girls at Jess and Don's.

Jess wrote -
"So the interview is over.. Argus had a marvelous time covering Jackie in kisses and dog hair. He disappeared for a couple of minutes and came back with Addie's giant stuffed Lady Bug. He offered it to Jackie and then ran around with it. After I retrieved the Lady Bug, he pulled the fuzzy squeaky mouse off the counter and tried to hide it in various places (with Simmie hot on the trail). He was awesome and friendly and Jackie was very impressed. I did however, forget about the thawing chicken backs in the laundry room and had to explain them to Jackie when Simmie and Argus each came up the stairs with them!"

3 comments:

Jackie Grumish said...

He was a total sweetheart. Annie (my Golden Retriever) spent about 15 minutes sniffing my coat when I got home. When she finally determined that Argus wasn't hiding in my pocket, then she decided she could welcome me home and greeted me.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know, you have the most beautiful Dalmatian (Argus) I have ever (I mean ever) seen (I guess thats why he is a champ!)
He puts my Dals to shame. They said they have a complex now. :)

Best Regards,
-Karri

Anonymous said...

Glad the brownie boy behaved himself Jackie. He's such a character. You'll be picking Dalmatian hairs for weeks to come.

Thanks for your comment Karri, Just remember that the most gorgeous dog in the world is of no use unless he's also a good companion - THAT'S the thing that really counts.