Thursday, March 17, 2011

Could This Be Spring?


Looks like spring . . .
We woke up to temperatures in the 40s - could this be spring?

I noticed snow being dug up and hauled away from the front of a small business at the end of my block.  Seemed a bit late in the year to bother with that as the snow "should" be gone in a couple of weeks.  Apparently the business owner was getting impatient though, as he added grass carpeting and tulips and got a head start on Spring!   It certainly brought a smile to the faces of passing walkers and motorist.  Hope it brings in customers as well.

As the weather warms and the yard melts, I keep expecting my neighbor to start harassing me again.  Wonder what this year has in store for us?  She's been real quiet since her last meltdown, and has actually been pretty considerate about not leaving her dog out to bark, or sending it out just as I am sending my guys out.  It's been great to have the huge snowdrifts between our yards - way too deep for a Westie to run through and try to get my guys to fence fight.

Another fence estimator scheduled for today.  Wish I could afford a privacy fence between our yards, but chain link with additional lattice fencing for privacy will have to do for another year.  The alley fence is priority as the freeze-thaw cycles have taken their toll on the old one.  Apparently we did not set our posts deeply enough, but it's held up pretty well.  The neighbor does not like the fact that when she is spying from her second floor window, she can see the "pee stripes" on the old fence.  I'll have to discuss this with Watson & Argus.

No comments: