Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Hectic!


Found out at 8:00 PM last night that Eddie would be picked up at 7:30 AM rather than noon.  A bit of scrambling, but things are ready for him to depart.  He's sure cute, and has the nicest little personality.  Tries so hard to be good.  He'll fit in nicely with Patti's family, I think, and when he comes back it will be time to place him in his forever home.

Lucy is doing great and Jess is very excited about showing her this weekend, assuming we get there.  Wish they would take the snow out of the forecast!  It will slow everything down and make our departure time even more of an issue.

Argus's wife-to-be is not making things easy and may need to be bred at a time that is not going to work for us to do a collect & ship.   When he was campaigned regularly we managed to get breedings fit into our schedule.  Now that he is rarely shown we may have a conflict on one of his occasional show weekends.  Might be time to try the first frozen semen breeding - once it's shipped, it's there to be used as needed.

I'll be missing another fish club meeting tomorrow.  They always seem to be the Thursday before dog show weekends.  I'll get back eventually!  I have some new fish to BAP (that's the breeders program where you get points for spawning and raising different kinds of fish), including several that I worked a long time to spawn.  Hope to accumulate enough points this year to move to the next level of breeder awards.

Did I mention that I purchased a Betta?  I raised them for several years and got Betta-ed out.  80 individual jars of young fish I was raising really was way to much work with all the necessary water changes.  I purchased many fish from SE Asia and had some beauties, including a Best Of Show winner.  Haven't had any of the long fins for quite some time, but broke down and purchased a lovely brilliant blue Half Moon style fish at the unlikeliest of places - Petco.  I went back last night hoping his turquoise brother was still available, but he had been sold.  Amazing to find two such gorgeous fish mixed in with a shipment of "pet quality" Bettas.

No comments: