Monday, April 25, 2011

Some Kind Of Wonderful!


Argus & Lucy in my motel room.

Thank you, weather people!  Sounds like we have another perfect day.  Can't remember when we actually had nice weather on Easter, but yesterday was a stunner.

A reasonably fun and successful weekend in Waterloo, although nothing for the record books.    A bitter-sweet weekend too, as it marked the end of Argus's regular dog shows . . .  We hit some spring shows to keep him in form and so my handling would not be too rusty, but after DCA we will be doing very few shows other than Specialty weekends.  Argus is a joy to travel with and so much fun to show, and I'll miss this more than I can say, but all good things must end . . .

This will be a very stressful summer with all the training required for the new accounting system at work.  Lots that needs to be done around the house and yard too.  The last three years have involved a lot of traveling, and I've been gone on weekends when I should have been working on projects around here.  Time to play catch up on that!

The only remaining goal I have for Argus is a Canadian Best In Show.  He has multiple Bests in three other venues, but only went to Canada as a pup.  Maybe we'll get back there for a few weekends if the judging panels look promising.

Time to raise a litter of pups too.  If Reebok Branaman ever comes in season, she'll be bred to Argus and the litter will be born here.  Penny may be bred this summer too.  The last litter I have had here was the litter Penny is from - has it really been two years?

Argus needs a few titles at the end of his name too.  Not sure I can dumb down to Rally, but a CD in obedience would be nice.  He'll need a new job to do.

And maybe I can sleep in on Saturdays, take my mother to church on Sundays, and have time for a few picnics.  Sounds good to me.  Hope Argus agrees, and makes a good adjustment to life style changes - but dogs are so adaptable, and he is always happy to do whatever I ask of him.  I'm sure retirement will be OK too . . .  So why am I just a little teary?

1 comment:

michele said...

If its so easy, it should take you no time to get a rally title then. I'll be waiting to hear all the reports on all your success.