Friday, May 27, 2011

Rhubarb Pie For Breakfast


Although leftover Pizza and apple pie (not generally eaten together) are two of my favorite breakfasts, Rhubarb Pie ranks right up there too, especially with hot coffee.  We had fresh homemade pie with my mother late last evening, but were feeling the affects of a wonderful dinner and couldn't give the pie the attention that it needs to be fully appreciated.  This morning I can!  Awesome!  I grow the Rhubarb and mom makes the pies, although she says her pie making is coming to an end as it gets harder to read the recipe and get the measurements correct.  This one was certainly perfect though!

Yesterday turned out to be busier than expected.  When I checked Facebook at noon, I had an invitation from Heidi of Caribe Restaurant inviting Ron and I to a food bloggers dinner hosted by Dole, at their restaurant.  They'd had a cancellation and decided to offer the tickets to us, as good customers.  What a thrill!  A chance to meet "real" bloggers, and have an awesome meal as well.  We accepted and really enjoyed the occasion.  Pictures tomorrow.


The new fence is in place
Although we had been told 5 to 7 working days for the fence to be completed, I had stressed the fact that because I had multiple dogs, sooner would be MUCH better.  It worked!  The fence went in yesterday, and other than a few minor glitches things went well.  The estimator had not ordered that style that I had intended, but this one looks great and I am quite satisfied.  He also botched the chain link portion of the order, so the posts were not tall enough for the existing chain link that was to be re-used - so we ended up with new chain link too.  While the installers were waiting for the new chain link and the new gate to be delivered, they added some extras to the board fence, things that would have taken us a lot of time, but so easy to do with their specialized equipment.  Love it!

No comments: