Friday, May 20, 2011

Very Early Saturday

Goofing around in the ring

Saturday's blog is being written Friday night while I wait for a load of laundry to dry.  Went to dinner with Ron, came home and went to bed early, but had to get up to walk Argus & Reebok and to finish my laundry.  Tomorrow starts early as I return Reebok to Rosie for a couple of weeks while the fence is redone. Reebok will return next month and then we'll start planning for pups.   She's been a great guest and I've enjoyed having her.  Although shipping chilled semen is a lot easier than entertaining a visiting bitch, I have enjoyed the opportunity to get to know many lovely Dal girls over the years, and it's given me a bit of extra insight into the temperament and personality differences within bloodlines.

Love the cute shot of Argus that illustrates this blog.  Our friend Prue caught that from ringside at DCA while Argie and I were in the ring waiting to be judged.  He's such a silly brownie goofball guy.

Mariah arrived safely in Arizona, and her new owner Kay seems to be please with her and says if I change my mind I can NOT have her back.  That's just as well considering that the odds of being able to ship from Phoenix to Minnesota, by way of Houston, are slim to none this time of the year, and we were extremely lucky that we were able get Mariah out today.  Am so pleased that I found just the right home for her, and it came about because of this blog.

It's looking more and more like the State Of Minnesota will be closed for business come July 1st.  A newspaper poll said that 87% of the respondents felt a shut down was likely.  "They" say most of us our just one paycheck away from poverty.  Am not eager to have that confirmed!

No comments: