Monday, June 27, 2011

So Where Did My Weekend Go?

Charlie Brown at two.

Got lots accomplished this weekend, so why is my To Do List still so long?  Maybe I am subconsciously planning for the upcoming layoff.  Only four more days of work unless a budget agreement is in place very soon, and the list of projects to be done during an "enforced vacation" continues to grow.

I went to the office on Sunday morning intending to stay for "a couple of hours", but ended up staying for five.  Way to waste a weekend, BUT I got so much done!  End of fiscal year, preparing for shut down, new accounting system soon to be launched, AND doing a second job as well as my own makes it impossible to keep up during a normal work week.   Actually, NOTHING is normal right now.  Just wish I got paid for overtime.

On Saturday Jess & I met up at Charlie Brown's to get some current pictures.  We had not seen him since last fall and he was in beautiful condition.  Brook & Michael have done such a good job with Charlie.  Wish all puppy buyers would listen, ask questions, and follow through as they have done.  Charlie is well socialized, has nice manners, and is in perfect condition.  And he knows that he is a dog.  They have not treated him like a child, which will make it so much easier on everyone if they have children some day.  Dogs do NOT benefit from being referred to and treated like Fur Persons.
Reebok with 2+ weeks to go.

After doing pictures of Charlie, Jess came over to meet Reebok and help me get some pictures of her.  Thanks Jess!  I have not had any company since Reebok came to stay, so I wanted to see her reaction.  Excellent!  She was incredibly friendly and acted as if she had known Jess all her life.  Just wanted to be sure that Reebok did indeed have the kind of personality I breed for - friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and silly!  She passed with flying colors.

Argus and I went walking along the Mississippi later that day, but he did not get to swim off leash.  Had to content himself with swimming and splashing while on a Flexi Lead.  With all the rain, the river is flowing strongly, and he's not (yet) an experienced swimmer.

It was a great weekend for Argus kids, with lovely Tia going WB at the Mt. Hood Specialty to finish her Championship (with 2 specialty majors, 2 Bests In Sweeps, and 2 Group placings).  Number 13 for Argus.  Son Wills picked up a couple more points, daughter Cassie picked up 11 more points & 3 majors towards her Grand Championship, and both Pauli & Krash earned Bests Of Breed.  I considered driving up to Cambridge to cheer Pauli on, but decided that I am better off staying away from dog shows so I am not tempted to enter shows I don't need to enter.

Discovered a lump on Coral's back on Saturday, a small dark lump that at first looked like a wood tick, but oozed when we fussed with it.  She's due for a blood panel anyway, so I'll get it looked at this week.  Hopefully it can be removed with a local anesthetic as I can't see subjecting a 13-year old to more than that.

Time to get ready for work.  Going in early and donating more time to the Minnesota taxpayers.  Bet they won't thank me either. . .

No comments: