Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Too Much To Do

How will I get everything finished in time to leave in two days?  It's going to be a madhouse around here!  If I were not working for the next two days it might be manageable, but things are way too busy to take any additional time.  Hope I can avoid getting impatient and snarly!

Car to pack, clothes to pack, dog supplies to pack, dog food to prepare, freeze and pack, fish care lists to prepare, dogs to bathe, nails to cut, and Argus & Pauli still need their long walks in the evening. What to wear for Top Twenty event - still undecided - go shopping?  When?  Clothes to drop off and pick up at cleaners, snacks to buy and pack, laundry to do.  How many pairs of shoes will I take?  You can never have too many shoes!  Shall I iron anything before I pack?  Hardly worth it.  Do I have time for dinner with my mother tonight, or maybe lunch tomorrow?  And a haircut appointment to keep - some scraggly ends from the new perm.

I've done water changes on all of the aquariums  (somewhere between 35 and 40 with fish in them).  Now to decide which fish can go unfed for a week, and which ones need to be fed daily, or just a couple of times while I am gone.  Flake?  Algae wafers?  Need to label all the tanks for Ron and make it easy and understandable. And warn him again that it is better to not feed than to overfeed.  Hah!

To Do Lists for Ron, but will he do them?  Probably not the way I would, but everything will probably survive my absence - things do tend to work out.  Will Ron and Mom stay healthy?  And Coral?   Will Sue continue to walk Letty every day so Ron can just deal with the old dogs?  Old guy, old dogs.  Works good.

Time to get ready for work.  No going in late and using up vacation time.  I've got plenty, but using 6 days for DCA, and with puppies coming in June I need to start being careful. 

Wonder if I will have a chance to post to my blog while I'm gone?  I could do it on my phone, but that's way too time consuming.  Those tiny little imaginary keys are such a pain!

Time for more coffee!

No comments: