Friday, July 8, 2011

Better Late Than Whatever

What an amazing Daylily

Whew, busy times. Yesterday Laurie & I went to the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum and later, joined by Ron, we had a wonderful meal at Caribe.

Haven't been to the Arboretum in years, and really enjoyed my visit.  Going during the week was perfect as it wasn't crowded like it is on weekend.  Saw many awesome plants and flowers, although we were sorry to have missed the Irises and Peonies.  The Roses were not all out yet, but the Annuals, the Daylilies and the Hostas were spectacular.  We took the tram ride to see all the outlying sites as it was too hot and humid for walking, and had an excellent lunch as well.  Such fun!

Caribe was just as busy as it had been the last time we were there - Tony said we must bring them luck.  I had the Monfongo special again, but this time it came with skirt steak, which was incredibly tasty, juicy and nicely seasoned.  I added the Pique' to my Mofongo, Vinegar full of peppers and onions and garlic.  Delicious!  The dinner came with beans and rice which are "OK" but I was allowed to substitute Curried Bananas, which are so much tastier.  The Sangria was good, service was pleasant and efficient, and we had a lovely evening.

Happy Birthday to me!  I'm having a great time, but need to get ready to go to dinner.  Good Earth with Ron, Laurie, Jess & Gram, then over to Gram's for home made Rhubarb Custard Pie. 

I'll do better tomorrow, Cassidy, I promise.

1 comment:

Helen said...

Happy birthday to you indeed! When there was no blog this morning I thought perhaps the pups had arrived ahead of schedule. Just gotta keep waiting, I guess.