Friday, October 19, 2012

Yippee! Puppies!



It's official, confirmed by Ultrasound.  Holly is carrying at least 5 puppies.  I was able to palpate pups a few days ago, but thought it would be interesting to do the Ultrasound as well. She was great for the procedure and I was glad we did it.

Holly had a busy couple of days as she had gone in for grooming the previous evening.  I normally bathe my own dogs, but with this broken hand I can't do it right now.  It's been so dry and dusty here, and Holly has been itchy, so she got an oatmeal shampoo bath and hypoallergenic rinse.  That did the trick, and her coat is soft and satiny like Argus's now and the itchiness is gone.  The groomer also commented on what a good dog she was.

Fernly also got a bath, only her second one.  She's been swimming in the river which is very low and a bit funky, and Fernly was a itchy too.  My daughter Jess took Fernly home for an "overnight" so she could play with her cousin Meribel and have a bath and pedicure.  Here they are sitting in the doggy bathtub.  The two girls could hardly look much more different!  Thanks, Jess.

Ten more days of wearing this cast . . .

No comments: