Monday, June 20, 2011

Bad Weather On The Way

The yard is looking good


Rain in the forecast, ugh!  We just got 2.5 inches, certainly don't need another 3 or more.  So far I have not had any water in the basement, but always worry about that.  My planting is done, the dog yard is pretty much finished (you can see it in the corner surrounded by privacy fence), the grass looks great after a slow start, the perennials all survived, and the annuals are all planted.  Flower beds have no room for anything to be added,  and even the alley along the back fence is planted!
Argus enjoyed splashing in the lake.

A pleasant and productive weekend, although most of the chores on my list remain undone.  It's such a novelty to think that if I don't get them done THIS weekend, I'll be home to do them NEXT weekend.  After three years of being gone at least two weekends most months, I'm still not used to this.  One of the things that did get done was taking Mr. Argus to Lake Como for a Sunday morning walk/splash. Unfortunately there was some kind of 5K walk/run so the first part our walk was done with a lot of joggers, walkers, and people pushing those large-wheeled baby strollers made for joggers.  Even saw several guys pushing double strollers.  The scary part was how many obese people were trying to jog.  Hope they all survived!  They need to start with walking until they get their weight under control!

This blog was longer, but Blogger did not save it before the page froze up.  How annoying.  I'll save my griping for tomorrow, I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The yard reno looks fantastic!!! Your beds always look wonderful!!