Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Breakfast with Sue


Breakfast from White Castle, umm umm good!
Woke up groggy & hungry this morning.  It rained much of last night and I don't sleep well when we get heavy rain.  Living in an old house with a marginal basement, elderly gutters & a middle-aged roof, heavy rain is always a concern, especially when accompanied by strong winds.  I was awake much of the night, got up to check things out a couple of times, and when sleep finally came it included a dream about a leaking roof and collapsing ceilings.  Far too realistic!

If it was Sunday morning, I'd walk Argus around Como, and then head off to White Castle for breakfast.  It amazes me to see the lines for breakfast at McDonalds when White Castle does a much better job.  I find McMuffins to consist of cardboard muffins, rubbery eggs, equally rubbery cheese and grainy tasteless sausage.  White Castle breakfast sandwiches are made with tasty muffins, freshly fried eggs, cheese that actually melts, and tasty sausage.  Plus the counter people greet you with a smile and seem genuinely glad to see you, and the drive through people wish you a good day.  What a difference!  I'm told that White Castle treats their employees well - it certainly shows, and their breakfast sandwiches, potato cakes & coffee are all delicious.  Not something I could eat every morning as it's still high in calories, sodium & cholesterol, but I've always felt that if I am splurging on something that is not exactly good for me, it had better TASTE good!  Try it, you'll like it!  Argus certainly approves.

Reebok is doing well and has settled in comfortably with us.  She runs with Argus & Watson, and I'm very careful when she is out with Coral & Josie as she worries about them.  Although my girls are quite friendly, get along with other dogs, and are used to visiting girls, Reebok has had some bad experiences and worries about them, so I don't take any chances.  She's doing well on Pro Plan Lamb & Rice (that's what she's used to eating at home) for breakfast, and raw for dinner, usually chicken backs which she absolutely adores.  With three weeks to go, she looks to be carrying a good-sized litter.  We go walking every night as it's important that pregnant bitches get enough exercise and she's puffing pretty good by the time we get back.   Need to start planning my whelping set up, I guess.
Reebok as a show dog.


Three weeks to go.


1 comment:

Laura Kiedaisch said...

Hey, Sue! I got a HUGE slider craving reading about White Castle breakfasts. I used to stop sometimes on my way to work for a bag of original sliders. Car smelled like onions for days. Now, it's over 40 miles to an area I seldom need to go to if I want a "fix". As you say, life goes on...
Laura